Sunday, February 6, 2011

Beginning to make it legal...

Well.. I suppose if next week sometime I will take toroids and toroid winding stuff into work to hook to a L/C meter and a VNA when done to tweak, that I should have the rest of the board ready to go.


Except for getting the 12 pf Silvered Mica (marked, of course "120") swapped for the 120 pF (marked "120 pF").. no issues here either.  Switching out the 120 for the 12 pF and putting the 12 pF in the right place was uneventful as well.. but I did have to fire up the solder sucker to clear out the plated though holes.  No biggie.  Yeah the connectors are mounted on the opposite side of this board than K5OOR recommends, but all connections will have to come off the top because of the way I'm mounting it.

Maybe I should bring this in every evening and try to do a band a night?  We will see...  Some of the toroids are wound differently than "standard" and really should be "tuned" before placed in the filter board and verified on the VNA after for a perfectionist like me.

I'm getting curious about putting RF into that MOSFET amp and seeing how it does, too.  That could be an evening project this week also.  The stuff is starting to come together.  I might have my completely homebrew HF transceiver done by spring.. we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment