Thursday, December 30, 2010

Control Board Pictures...

Before I started to build (yesterday) I decided to take some pictures of the boards.  The first set is the control boards.  There's quite a few parts here and I'm going to study the construction manual thoroughly.  I really need to follow every step exactly... when I get to the build of the I/O boards you'll see why "auto-pilot" isn't a good mode to be in when building these.  All I can say so far is that the unique 3D nature of how the boards fit together need somewhat unusual attention to the mechanical detail.

For an idea of why.. look at the vast array of control parts you get with this board:



A further close-up:


The Card 'O' SMT parts and the "business" side of the PCB:


I'm going to tackle this one tomorrow.  Making NO assumptions this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment