Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Picture Says a Thousand Words (hopefully?)

George came through and sent me a new connector.  I mounted it and hooked it all up.  Once I set the contrast pot.. all was well.





There are a few things I don't quite know it is working well yet.  There is a very slight amount of hiss on RX without the Softrock, almost none at all.  But when hooking up a set of paddles, I can hear a good sidetone through the speaker, so the CODEC seems to work.  Probably OK.

The other thing I don't quite get is the RF Atten control... it goes full range four times.  I'm assuming because that it cycles through the RX AMP settings.  Unfortunately, when  I tried the RXAMP the relays are not clicking.  I will have to verify the cabling and see what's up with that.

But the internal keyer works too.. I took a video (without speakers attached) with the rig keying with the internal keyer.  Seems to work good.  I suspect CW performance will be good with this rig.



Now to sort out the cabling and see if the sr63ng (untested at present) is functional on receive.  Hopefully I had the header plugged in wrong for the RXAMP.  If not I hope something is wrong with the cable.  I suppose in the grand scheme of things this is minor.  It's such a simple circuit though that I am of cource worried about the PIC driving it.

More on this tomorrow probably as I need to get to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment