Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Aux" Serial Cable.

OK.. well.. Apparently I had Tx and Rx swapped (basically because the definitions were ambigious on the SDR-Cube schematics).. On my cable, because I had the issue (see newer posts) of the 1/8" stereo connectors not fitting in that little slot that I nibbled out more eventually.. I swapped RX and TX back and forth a couple of times.  I thought I swapped it back to the January 2011 revision drawing.. but apparently I swapped it back to the corrected diagram below. 

George Heron has a prettier diagram on his site now.. but I still was first with this.  :o)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decided to quickly design a serial cable for the SDR-Cube.  I've not tested it yet, but as long as RX on the Cube schematic hooks to TX on the PC and vise-versa it should be correct.

This hooks to the "AUX" jack (which worries me because it could easily get confused with audio and maybe damage something.. like a microphone..) and then to a RS-232 port on the PC.  I, of course, recommend the cable be built to tie the PC handshaking lines together as shown.  Maybe someday the code will support CAT over this port and have to work with an application that expects functional handshaking lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment